Follow us on Twitter: @RavensbourneRev
The Ravensbourne School has two Libraries. The Discovery Library is for KS3 students and the War Memorial Library is for KS4 and KS5 students. The Libraries exist to support the effective learning of all students by providing opportunities for active and reflective skill development, and promotion of a reading culture across the school.
The School Libraries support the aims of TRS.
The Objectives of the School Libraries are:
- To provide a central resource for the whole school curriculum and ethos
- To be an integral part of the teaching and learning styles and activities of the school
- To focus on development of information gathering, problem solving, learning and thinking skills throughout the school
- To provide opportunities for the individual to read more widely and think more deeply
- To provide opportunities for leisure and recreational reading
The Libraries have computers and stock a range of fiction and non-fiction, reference books, DVDs, magazines, audio books and an extensive ‘Information File’ containing leaflets, newspaper cuttings and free literature from various sources, Guided Independent Study materials for Post 16 students, and a dedicated Careers Library
The Library staff: Ms Roberts (Senior Librarian) and Mrs Bhandari (Assistant Librarian).