The Governing Body
What does the Governing Body do?
The Governing Body works as a team and is at the heart of how the school operates. It is responsible for monitoring that the school provides a good quality education and is continually raising educational standards. The Governing Body also encourages and supports effective ways of teaching and learning when reviewing the school aims and policies. This is done together with the head teacher, who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school.
In addition to the Governing Body’s main role of helping raise pupils’ standards of achievement, we also:
- support the school in its strategic direction
- are accountable for monitoring the performance of the school to parents and the wider community
- monitor that a balanced and broad curriculum is taught
- review how the school can encourage pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural development
- monitor that the school provides for all pupils including those with special needs
- oversee the implementation of policies on a wide range of school issues and monitor their effectiveness
- act as a ‘critical friend’, supporting and constructively challenging senior management by gathering views, asking questions and discussing what’s best for the school
Who is the Governing Body?
The current Governing Body is made up as follows:
|Mr Michael Hunwick||Chair|
|Miss Bryony Swain||Vice Chair|
|Mr Mark O’Shaughnessy||Acting Headteacher|
|Mrs Jill Cheyne||Member|
|Mr Alex Lange||TRS Staff|
|Mr Hedley Swain||Member|
|Ms Helen Bushell Movahedi||Member|
How does the Governing Body perform its role?
At The Ravensbourne School, the Governing Body fulfils these roles through two meetings per term, covering:
Building & Sites
Curriculum (including behaviour and discipline)
The Governing Body meets at the beginning of each academic year to review the priorities and strategies for the year ahead and to review the past year. There are also numerous ad-hoc meetings of other groups, working parties as required and specific panels for various procedural reasons.
Please click the link below for the scheme of delegation September 2018
Please click the link below for the Local Governing Body constitution and attendance 2016/2017
How to contact the Governing Body?
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Governing Body or wish to contact the Chair, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org