Quick Links

Quick Links


Driven by a determination to create welcoming schools for the local community, where every person thrives, makes excellent progress and succeeds.

Visit Site


Students with special educational needs… make good progress because teachers and teaching assistants provide individual support tailored to their needs.

Ofsted 2014​

What is SEND?​

The 2015 Code of Practice states that a student has special educational needs if she/he has a learning difficulty which calls for special educational provision to be made for her/him.  A student has a learning difficulty when they have significantly greater difficulty with learning than their peers.​

There are four broadly defined areas of SEND:​

  • Cognition and Learning​
  • Communication and Interaction​
  • Social, Emotional and Mental Health​
  • Sensory and Physical  ​

Special educational provision means:​

  • Educational provision which is additional to, or otherwise different from the educational provision made generally for students of their age in schools maintained by the Local Authority, other than special schools;​
  • Special educational provision is applicable to a student who is under the age of nineteen and is a registered student at a school.​

SEND Support at The Ravensbourne School​

Students with SEND at The Ravensbourne School are recorded on the SEND register as either E (EHCP) or K (SEND Support). There is a separate medical register. All students on the SEND register have a Pupil Profile to inform Quality First Teaching. ​

You can read more about our approach to meeting students’ needs here:​

Who can I talk to about my child’s needs?​

Our Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator is Mrs Kenny. You can contact her on 0208 460 0083 (ext 8803) or ekenny@trs.e21c.co.uk. ​

Do you need more help and advise about your child's needs?

You can contact Bromley's impartial Information Advice and Support Service  here: Bromley (councilfordisabledchildren.org.uk)


SEND Information Report